UPDATE: As of April 10, 2017 The Westin Southfield Detroit is booked full! Want to be placed on the waitlist? Email Kanina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Penguicon will be held April 28-30, 2017 at our hotel, The Westin Southfield Detroit, in Southfield, MI!
1500 Town Center
Southfield, MI. 48075
This year there are two options for booking your hotel room at The Westin Southfield Detroit. Please pay close attention to ensure you choose the best option for you! (All prices reported on this page are before taxes and hotel fees.)
Non-Refundable Room Block Rates: (all rooms booked!)
In order to book under the Non-refundable Optionguests must be aware they can not cancel their reservation. If you have a room, and aren’t going anymore, The Westin will allow name changes to the reservation. (Charges will be made to your card within 24 hours of booking)
- King or Double room – $124 a night non-refundable
- Jr. Suite – $209 a night, non-refundable
Flexible Cancellation Room Block Rates:(ALL Rooms booked!)
In order to utilize the Flexible Cancellation Block attendees must cancel by 6pm on the day before you’re scheduled to arrive to get a refund. If you decide to leave early, an EARLY DEPARTURE FEE of $30 will be assessed.
- King or Double room – $139 a night
- Jr. Suite – $219 a night
Please Note! You will not be able to book a suite through the booking links.
If you are interested in a suite for the weekend, please:
- Book a king room and get your confirmation number.
- Fill out the hotel room special requests form for the hotel liaison and select “Jr. Suite”. The liaison will then make sure your reservation is complete.
If you would like to make a request for your room, please:
- Book your room using one of the booking options above, and get your confirmation number.
- Fill out the hotel room special requests form. The liaison will then make sure your reservation is complete.
If you want to throw a Room Party, please:
- Book a room at the hotel to get your confirmation number.
- Fill out the hotel room special request form for the hotel liaison and room party coordinator to let them know you are throwing a party and need to be on the right floor! Note that bed removal, ice deliveries, and appliances through the hotel have additional fees. (please see our room party page for further details)
If you make a request through the hotel, there is no guarantee that it will be honored. You must send requests to the Hotel Liaison.
Each of the guest rooms has a dual-line telephone with voice mail and data port, and a 32″ LCD TV.
The Westin is 100% non-smoking. They have a workout room, a pool, whirlpool, and have dog beds available. We recommend only service animals be brought to the convention.
The Westin offers 15 PURE® Allergy Friendly Rooms designed specifically for guests with allergies or asthma. Surfaces are specially treated and air is continually circulated and purified, “drastically reducing irritants that could keep you from resting comfortably.”
The hotel has a limited number of refrigerators (priority to those with medical needs), microwaves, and roll-away beds available. If you are interested in any of these items, please note that the refrigerators and microwaves are $15 each per night, and the roll-away bed is $30 per night. Roll-away beds will only be placed by the hotel in King rooms.
The hotel’s dining options are the Level 1 Lounge and Tango’s Restaurant.
Other meal options near the Westin include the Original Pancake House, CK Mediterranean Grille, Subway, Qdoba, China Gourmet, Chipotle, Kerby’s Koney Island, Benito’s, and T.G.I. Friday’s.