Check Your Penguicon Schedule
Hi Penguicon Presenters! Janet Gocay, Penguicon head of programming here! Penguicon 2017 is coming up in just a few weeks and we are getting excited! We are in the process of finalizing our schedule this week and we hope to have a final schedule available by this weekend! Please read this email CAREFULLY for information about what you need to do to help us make sure your schedule is all set!
What we need from you is for you to take a look at the events you are scheduled for and make sure that everything looks right. Please check for the following things:
- You are listed as a presenter on all the events you expected (no extra events, no missing events)
- You aren’t scheduled for any days/times when you will be unable to be at Penguicon
- Your name is listed correctly
I understand that not every panel is going to be scheduled at an optimal time. I’m sorry, but we are unable to move events due to preferences for a different time.
I am still in the process of checking the schedule for conflicts. This means it is possible you still have a conflict (two events at the same time). Don’t worry, all conflicts will be resolved! Please DO NOT email me to let me know about a conflict. The only exception to this is if you are under the special case described below (you are doing events under multiple names).
Please note that the schedule is not finalized yet! That means that your event could still be moved. I will do my best to make as few changes as possible going forward, but I may have to make a change to your event.
How to access your schedule:
- Go to : http://schedule.penguicon.org/
- Search for your name using the search box on the right side of the page.
- At the top of the results, there will be a section called “people matches.” Click on your name there.
- On the page that comes up (your speaker profile), you will be able to see all the events you are scheduled for. You can mouse-over or click on these events for more information.
- Note that your name in Sched (the schedule platform) will be whatever you told us you wanted used for your name in the schedule (not necessarily your legal name). So, you will need to search by that name.
- Special instructions for people who are using different names for different events: You will need to find your schedule for your different names and make sure your events don’t conflict. We don’t have a way to check that at this time. If you find conflicts, follow the instructions below to let me know. Include both of your names in the email.
We are on a tight timetable to finalize the schedule, so we are asking you to take care of this quickly. I am hoping to finalize the schedule on Friday, so it would be most helpful if you could contact email@example.com with any issues by the end of the day tomorrow, Thursday April 13th. I will definitely be able to address any issues I am aware of by then. If I hear from you later than that, I will do my best but I am unable to guarantee that I will be able to fix it. I’m sorry that I’m asking for such a quick turnaround here. Thanks for your help with this!
One last thing: You can edit your speaker profile on Sched to provide more information like a photo, bio, your website, etc! If you would like to do this, follow these steps:
- If you already have an account on Sched, log in. If you don’t have an account yet, create one by clicking “sign up” in the upper right corner of the main schedule page. You will need to use the same email address you provided to Penguicon.
- Once you are logged in, follow the instructions above to get to your speaker profile.
- Now there will be a button called “edit profile” at the top of your page. This will allow you to edit your speaker profile.
- Note that your email address is NOT public, but everything else is. Do not delete your email address.
Thanks so much for being a part of Penguicon 2017! Please remember to email programming@penguicon as soon as possible (by tomorrow, ideally) if you have any of the issues listed above. If you have any questions or concerns about anything, please feel free to send those my way too!
All the best,
Penguicon Head of Programming